- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: May 3rd, 2023Categories: Events
I am thrilled to announce our Annual CPL Conference on the theme, “I Want You To Be.” The focus of this conference will be on celebrating life and encouraging hope. It is sure to uplift and inspire. You can be sure this will be a time of stimulating professional development combined with an energizing
- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: April 14th, 2023Categories: Abortion, Euthanasia, Genetic discrimination
Is It Good To Exist After All? Abortion, genetic discrimination, euthanasia — these are just some of the issues of our time that lead people to a general sense of precariousness about whether it is good to exist. These practices involve actions that are tantamount to saying, “I do not want you to be.”
- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: March 17th, 2023Categories: Euthanasia, News
The people who will survive this year In 2021, the Canadian government passed Bill C-7 to expand euthanasia to persons whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable. The new law excluded those whose sole condition is a mental illness but only for two years, until March 17, 2023. We have got to stop using
- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: March 8th, 2023Categories: End of Life Care, Euthanasia, News
Grasping for RitualYesterday, CBC published this narrative piece by Nellwyn Lampert in which she reflects on the toll that her grandmother’s euthanasia death took on her. Lampert recounts how her husband poured some wine for her as they sat in the living room anticipating her grandmother’s death in a nearby hospital scheduled for 5 p.m. It is
- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: February 22nd, 2023Categories: End of Life Care, Euthanasia, Mature Minor
What’s in the latest government euthanasia report? On February 15th, this 130-page “Report of the Special Joint Committee on Medical Assistance in Dying” was presented to the House of Commons. The report covers five main areas, including: palliative care; safeguards for persons with disabilities; euthanasia where a mental disorder is the sole underlying condition;
- By Nicole ScheidlPublished On: February 14th, 2023Categories: End of Life Care, Euthanasia, News
Before Us Are Death and Life The other day, The New York Times published a story with the headline, “A Yale Professor Suggested Mass Suicide for Old People in Japan. What Did He Mean?” That same day, in a tweet by Columbia University research fellow that’s been viewed more than a million times, Richard
Want to become a member?
YOUR HELP GOES A LONG WAY!
Vital Bylines: Get news and opportunities weekly from CPL.