Canadians Physicians for Life is committed to supporting pro-life medical students who represent the next generation of medical practitioners in Canada. Canadian Physicians for Life connects medical students with the broader pro-life medical community and offers ongoing formation and support on today’s pressing bioethical issues.
We offer a range of opportunities and support, from teaching how to respond when issues like abortion or euthanasia are raised, to providing ongoing education and training on how to address these issues in clinical practice, to offering emergency support to students and doctors who may face ethical challenges.
More specifically, our programs include:
Events and Conferences
- Our annual conference is our premier event, occurring each fall. Each conference features Canadian and international experts as well as opportunities to connect with doctors and medical students from across the country. Generous sponsorship opportunities are provided for medical students and residents to attend the conference.
- Other events occur across Canada, featuring doctors and other experts in the field. Such events offer expert commentary and advice as well as opportunities for networking and mentoring. These events are advertised through our email lists. Please sign up to our email list to ensure that you are notified of events in your area. Financial support is also available to enable students to attend events.
- We frequently host webinars either targetted to meet student needs or of general interest, which students are invited to join.
- Ongoing updates and commentary on current events facing the medical community are provided on our website and through our bi-monthly Vital Signs email updates. Sign up online.
- We have a topical series of articles and videos online.
- The Crisis Line is available to students and physicians who require legal support or advice on dealing with the media and institutional politics, or who face difficult ethical circumstances.
We are continuing to research and develop programs that best meet the needs of pro-life medical student. If you have any suggestions, please contact us.