Every medical student in Canada. That’s who we are going to reach.
Each year, our generous donors send pro-life medical students and residents to our annual conference for training, support, and networking. And each year the students tell us they want bring back what they’ve learned to their campus, to share the information with their peers and professors.
They want to launch medical school pro-life clubs so they can hold events where speakers can share the message of the time-honoured Hippocratic medical tradition, which affirms the inviolability and dignity of every human life.
By helping passionate medical students launch their clubs, we are providing a way to support our students through the school year and a vehicle by which world class speakers can be brought to Canadian medical school campuses to offer new perspectives and share the latest research. It is through student-run campus clubs that we’ll reach every medical student in Canada with our message and resources.
How are we going to do this? Our goals:
- The establishment of 8 active and engaged medical school campus clubs in Canada to reach 1,500 students through their events by November 2018.
- The development of a handbook and resources for our student leaders on how to launch, maintain and develop their on-campus clubs to ensure stability and impact.
- The development of guidelines for Physicians for Life’s staff and board members on how they can best support our students and clubs.
- Staff support to provide students with the practical help they need, like finding speakers and reserving facilities. Staff would also help students troubleshoot any problems that may crop up.
- Provide financial support for medical school campus events, like lectures, debates and workshops.
New staff and volunteers are coming on board to help us get this project off the ground. If you are a medical student who would like assistance in launching a club, please call or email us.
Let’s help medical students spread the word into communities and classrooms we’d only otherwise dream of reaching.
Help us today to launch our campus club network, so we can reach and support tomorrow’s physicians and leaders. Please donate today.